SHEFFIELD TOWNSHIP — The Clearview Clippers rolled to their eighth win of the season Friday night, shutting out the Brookside Cardinals 36-0 in a cross-town rivalry game on Senior Night.
While the Clippers were in control most of the game, they were slow getting started. Clearview drove deep into Brookside territory before fumbling and losing possession. Brookside had three-and-out series on both sides of this fumble, before Clearview’s second possession resulted in a 23-yard touchdown pass from Chase Christensen to CJ Fleming.
Clearview added three more touchdowns in the first half, two coming through the air and one on the ground. Joseph Norris caught a 60-yard shovel pass for a touchdown and Jordan Reed caught his own 21-yard touchdown reception. Robert Davis also had a 4-yard touchdown run as Clearview extended the lead to 30-0 at the half.
Clearview punched in one final touchdown in the second half during the running clock period, as Christensen found Norris for a 17-yard touchdown pass to extend the Clearview lead to 36-0.
Brookside’s best drive came early in the second quarter, where they drove deep into Clearview territory before stalling. The Cardinals attempted a 30-yard field goal and the Clippers came up with the block, recovering on their own 40. The Norris shovel pass touchdown followed up on the next play, giving the Clippers momentum they carried through the cold night.
Clearview finishes the season at 8-2 overall and 5-2 in the Lorain County League’s first season, finishing in outright second place in the league behind champion Keystone. The 8-2 record will not be enough for a postseason trip, according to Joe Eitel.
Chase Christensen’s four touchdown passes tonight gave him 29 touchdown passes on the season, breaking the Clearview single season record for a quarterback. Congratulations Chase!
Brookside 0 0 0 0 0
Clearview 8 22 6 0 36
- C: Chase Christensen to CJ Fleming 23-yard TD pass (Christensen to Fleming pass successful), C 8-0 (3:34)
- C: Chase Christensen to Joseph Norris 60-yard TD pass (conversion failed), C 14-0 (6:40)
- C: Chase Christensen to Jordan Reed 21-yard TD pass (Christensen to Sam Clark pass successful), C 22-0 (4:05)
- C: Robert Davis 4-yard TD run (Christensen run successful), C 30-0 (1:29)
- C: Chase Christensen to Joseph Norris 17-yard TD pass (conversion failed), C 36-0 (1:57)
- Total Offense: Clearview 305, Brookside 121
- Total Rushing Yards: Clearview 127, Brookside 75
- Total Passing Yards: Clearview 178, Brookside 46
- First Downs: Clearview 13, Brookside 6
- Third Down Conversions: Clearview 3/7, Brookside 2/11
- Fourth Down Conversions: Brookside 1/2, Clearview 0/1
- Turnovers: Brookside 3 (2 INT, fumble), Clearview 1 (fumble)
- Penalties/Yards Against: Brookside 3/21, Clearview 7/71
- C: Chase Christensen – 16/21, 178 yards, 4 TD
- B: Kenny Grobolsek – 2/6, 28 yards, INT
- B: Donovan Davis – 1/6, 18 yards, INT
- B: Kenny Grobolsek – 17 rush, 42 yards (Long 12)
- C: Chase Christensen – 3 rush, 38 yards (Long 19)
- C: Robert Davis – 9 rush, 37 yards, TD (Long 13)
- C: Hiram Carreras – 1 rush, 29 yards (Long 29)
- B: Donovan Davis – 7 rush, 24 yards (Long 22)
- B: Karson Nail – 4 rush, 16 yards (Long 5)
- C: Trey Allen – 2 rush, 12 yards (Long 11)
- C: Miguel Negron – 2 rush, 11 yards (Long 8)
- C: Joseph Norris – 7 rec, 119 yards, 2 TD (Long 60)
- B: Karson Nail – 2 rec, 43 yards (Long 25)
- C: CJ Fleming – 5 rec, 29 yards, TD (Long 23)
- C: Jordan Reed – 1 rec, 21 yards, TD (Long 21)
- C: Hiram Carreras – 1 rec, 9 yards (Long 9)
- B: Donovan Davis – 1 rec, 3 yards (Long 3)
- C: Robert Davis – 2 rec, 0 yards (Long 3)
- B: Jaycob Kolleda – 0/1 FG, 0 pts (30 yd att blocked)