SHEFFIELD TWP. — The Clippers won their fifth straight with a 52-14 win over Oberlin on homecoming night at Clearview High School.
Clearview scored twelve points in the first quarter, scoring touchdowns on Drew Engle’s 2 yard touchdown run and Kash Warren’s 62 yard punt return for a touchdown.
In the second quarter, Clearview scored touchdowns on a 44 yard touchdown pass from Anthony Terry to CJ Fleming, a 4 yard touchdown pass from Anthony Terry to David Rentfle and a Khaliel Fenderson 23 yard touchdown run.
The Clippers missed all five attempts at a two-point conversion, taking a 30-0 lead to the locker room at halftime.
Oberlin’s offense was effective at times tonight, featuring a triple option threat. They did have issues fumbling, which stalled Oberlin at times.
Oberlin opened the second half with a Horning to Randleman 14 yard touchdown pass to pull within 30-6, but Clearview answered right back. Khaliel Fenderon’s 27 yard touchdown run, his second of the night, made it 38-6. Clearview scored two more quick touchdowns in the final five minutes of the third quarter — Jordan Reed had a 38 yard interception return for a touchdown, continuing Clearview’s streak of scoring defensive touchdowns, and Fabion Kirkwood had a 9 yard touchdown run. This extended the lead to 52-6 after 3.
Horning hit Eisom for a 40 yard touchdown pass in the fourth quarter, the only scoring in the fourth quarter.
Clearview improves to 5-1 on the season and a perfect 3-0 in the Patriot Athletic Conference. Clearview will travel to Columbia for a PAC Stripes showdown next Friday.
Clearview 52, Oberlin 14
Oberlin 0 0 6 8 14
Clearview 12 18 22 0 52
- C – Engle 2 yd TD run (2 pt conversion failed), C 6-0
- C – Warren 62 yd punt return for TD (2 pt conversion failed), C 12-0
- C – Terry to Fleming 44 yd TD pass (2 pt conversion failed), C 18-0
- C – Terry to Rentfle 4 yd TD pass (2 pt conversion failed), C 24-0
- C – Fenderson 23 yd TD run (2 pt conversion failed), C 30-0
- O – Horning to Randleman 14 yd TD pass (2 pt conversion failed), C 30-6
- C – Fenderson 27 yd TD run (Salas run), C 38-6
- C – Reed 38 yd interception return for TD (Salas run), C 44-6
- C – Kirkwood 9 yd TD run (2 pt conversion failed), C 52-6
- O – Horning to Eisom 40 yd TD pass (Horning run), C 52-14